MIGRATE ITC Grants - Call for Applications
We invite young scientists from Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) to take part in MIGRATE ITC Grants. MIGRATE’s ITC Grants are conference grants which are aimed at supporting PhD students and ECI researchers from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organized by the COST Action. These ITC Grants are a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected applicants.
The Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) are:
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
For the ITC Grants the following eligibility criteria apply:
- The applicants of the ITC Grants must be PhD students or Early Career Investigators (ECIs) with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC. If you are a postdoctoral fellow and the time that has elapsed between the award date of your PhD and the date of your first involvement in the COST Action does not exceed 8 years, you are an Early Career Investigator (ECI).
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST.
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC.
The following funding conditions apply and must be respected:
- Up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant;
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses;
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees.
Further information can be found in the COST Vademecum (http://www.cost.eu/Vademecum).
The applications for the first call of MIGRATE’s ITC Grants should be submitted until 12h February 2019.
Please feel free to send your application to Georgia Sismani (email@example.com) from now on.